Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Montoursville during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Airmen HVAC Service will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Airmen HVAC Service at 570-322-3131 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.