When it’s chilly in Montoursville you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. An old air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Airmen HVAC Service.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem faint? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you increased the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps climbing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It might demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Airmen HVAC Service will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.