Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Montoursville summer, have the experts at Airmen HVAC Service perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Airmen HVAC Service today at 570-322-3131.