Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Montoursville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Airmen HVAC Service always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Airmen HVAC Service in Montoursville at 570-322-3131 today.