You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Airmen HVAC Service have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Airmen HVAC Service technician is over for your annual furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 570-322-3131.